55 WESTAND COMPANY

QUITE POSSIBLY... THE COOLEST STORE ON THE PLANET!!!

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Right On!

The name of my store is 55 West & Co... I decided on this after many months of brainstorming with my mom and friends. I figured it was simple and catchy, it was the address, and it didn't limit me to any particular inventory, etc. In the last 9 years, I've heard more variations of the name than I can possibly count! Today, however, I heard the best one yet...

Out-of-towners Dan and Crystal Heiser explained that they had made a return visit to amish country, and Crystal really wanted to come here. When she couldn't remember the name of the store, she told Dan "I want to go to the Right On Store!" Let me explain... I get teased a lot for using the expression "Right on!"--sometimes I don't even realize it's coming out of my mouth! I have a few other catch phrases like "no worries!" but "right on" gets the most dramatic reactions.

I also love the word "funky". Not far into a one hour live radio spot, my friend Heather noticed that I had used it many times...so she began counting. Seventeen "funkies" later, the remote ended. I am such a goober!

-stefanie
p.s. pictured above are Dan and Crystal (right) with their giggling friends

No comments: