55 WESTAND COMPANY

QUITE POSSIBLY... THE COOLEST STORE ON THE PLANET!!!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

RETRO Christmas signs

55 West is located in what's locally known as the Maxwell Building. The long and short of it is that the Maxwell family built the structure in 1866 and operated their men's clothing store in the building until 2002. It was one of the oldest family-owned clothing stores in the USA!


*yes, boys love it when they get socks and underwear for Christmas!

I am simply in love with the building and its history, and I was lucky enough to see and touch many of it's stored treasures! When I purchased the building, the entire second floor was packed from the floor to the ceiling -literally- with old inventory and advertisements from the last 130 plus years.

This collection of retro holiday promotional posters makes me giggle--and hopefully you too!
My, how times have changed...


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
stefanie




No comments: